www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Matthew Wireman. Make your own badge here.

Friday, August 26

Air Conditioning and Rebellion

Air-conditioned houses can cause us to not be as acquiescent to the will of God - to some degree. We, as sinners, have a tendency to buck up against weather and comfort moves us away from being molded by "normal" events. That is to say, rather than learn perseverance and patience from the heat of summer or the cold of winter we can run from our cool car to our cool house and curse the sun, the humidity, and the "unbearable" heat.

Maybe if we got rid of such comforts, we would learn how to be content in all circumstances and not be so quick to rest on the laurels of ease.

Comments on "Air Conditioning and Rebellion"

 

Blogger Matthew Wireman said ... (Mon Aug 29, 09:38:00 AM) : 

I agree. However, what I was pushing on is the fact that our flesh is so quick to be satisfied in the comforts. In other words, what people usually say when they are hot is "Man, it is hot out here. I can't stand it. Why is it so hot? etc." I believe this rashness to curse the weather is actually cursing God - that he does not know what he is doing and he should have cooled it down a bit for us.

This is what my main concern is. When I did not have air conditioning, I found that I was more aquiescent to God and his ways. Much like in medieval times when people prayed a whole lot more over a toothache and asked God for help rather than popping an aspirin.

 

post a comment
Template By: Thur Broeders