www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Matthew Wireman. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, March 2

Scrabble Fans

Here’s a documentary {I am linking to Cawley because he has some other links} on four men who are on their way to the Scrabble national championship. By the way, you don’t want to play me in Scrabble. Not because I am good, but because I take way too long to think of a word. I mean, all those squares, all those letters...it’s enough to make me go dyslexic! I see one square for Double and another for Triple...what do I do!?!?!

This one’s for you Big Willy Style!

[HT: Cawley Blog]

Comments on "Scrabble Fans"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Mar 02, 05:05:00 PM) : 

the time wouldn't be an issue with these guys-- because they play on a clock! 25min a piece in competition, I think-- hitting the clock just like chess games.

Watch this documentary-- it is fantastic!

 

Blogger Matthew Wireman said ... (Fri Mar 03, 11:32:00 AM) : 

Yeah, I would quickly lose...within 25 minutes. I will watch it, though am skeptical.

 

Blogger Will and Olivia said ... (Fri Mar 03, 04:52:00 PM) : 

thanks, Matt. i'd like to see it. don't know if i could compete with those guys though. i've read that when you get to that level the main way to get better is by memorizing the Scrabble dictionary.

VanDiesel and i still play whenever we can.

 

Blogger Matthew Wireman said ... (Sat Mar 04, 10:47:00 AM) : 

I'll make the popcorn and coffee...and distract as much as possible.

 

Blogger vandorsten said ... (Wed Mar 08, 09:37:00 PM) : 

i loooooves me some Scrabble!!

 

post a comment
Template By: Thur Broeders