www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Matthew Wireman. Make your own badge here.

Monday, February 6

Commenting

Sometimes I get asked why I haven’t posted in a while...I am flattered that people are actually reading the verbiage I’m putting out.

Here’s my typical answers (depending on the day and the mood):

1) I am overworked in school and work and hadn’t time to write
2) I don’t have anything percolating in my brain that would be noteworthy to write about (equivalent to dry bed syndrome in the stream of consciousness...possibly related to #1)
3) There is way too much stuff to write about. Sometimes it is like eating a basketball. I want to write things that are helpful and I want to write clearly. Sometimes this clarity and topic are not readily available in the sorting process.
4) I am responding to “Comments“. I started a blog to share my thoughts, but also to have my thoughts sharpened and begin and sustain dialogue with those who agree and disagree with my positions. So I try to spend a considerable amount of thought with Comments that ask questions and seek clarity in my positions.

Thus, I want to encourage my readers to scroll through my last posts and read some of the Comments [particularly this one, and this one , and this one

I have loved the interaction I have received and would like to encourage people to comment at will. I am contemplating taking the function off that requires you to get a Blogger account (although you don’t have to have a blog). I put that function on there because I was getting acne and impotence advertisements. In any case, I might be willing to take that risk if my readers know they will be on there as well as if it fosters more dialogue...

Comments on "Commenting"

 

post a comment
Template By: Thur Broeders